Monday 17 January 2011

Get fresh at the weekend

we're showing out... showing out.... ~earworm ahoy~

Friday I went to the stained glass course, and it was really nice. I didn't realise just how much I'd missed the peeps until I saw them again.

I'm surprised Sue is back again, as being honest she's bloody rubbish at it. She never remembers any of what she's been told, and so it's not unexpected that she gets it wrong when she's inventing the techniques herself. So it's a stream of profanities as she burns her fingers / drops things on the floor / breaks glass etc.

I also 'came out' and told them of my fliddy past and losing 10 years to staying in the house. I mentioned the 'spice' plan for developing the new me, and the teacher said she used to be in spice and it's a lot of fun with 'interesting' people. Which is good, but then again she's outgoing & confident.

**************
Saturday was less fun. Some gimp has reversed into the side of my car, and promptly done a runner.

Also less fun for Idiot Girl, as the tooth pain she has been ignoring got to unbearable levels. So she went to the emergency dental facility. The emergency medical hologram dentist says in his opinion that tooth is wrong, and needs either a)removing or b) root canal to save it.
Idiot girl thinks she knows better and says it's just an infection, give me antibiotics. So he does...... She's now (Sunday night) been on them, tramadol, benzocaine gel, oil of cloves, lucky rabbit's foot etc, and is trying to convince herself it's better, but failing.

*************

Sunday I go to inspect my poor car. At the same time the man from next door is looking at his audi with a similar unhappy expression. Yes, someone has hit that and also buggered off. A different someone as he has black paint transfer, and mine is white.

The major damage to mine is to the running board, so I remove said part in the rain to find it's the bracket that's mangled. One visit to mr. Eddie Shovelhands, and it's reshaped to almost the correct profile. Haven't had time to try and refit yet.

I am also stuck on a dilemma. I've wanted a cnc lathe for ages now. I almost had one for £2600, until I found that it was in fact, quite rubbish, and I had to exchange it for my money back.

There has now appeared on evilbay a lot bigger one. It's a beautiful machine, brand new and has been imported from the US of A. The man wants 'around' £4000 for it. To get one direct would cost £4800 + delivery from yank land + customs fees, so it's 'cheap'. It's also (to me) a lot of money to spend.

It's also a lot bigger than I thought I would be able to get. I could make a lot more things with it. It could be a cunning plan. But 4k.... and Ma Ma goes into usual speech that I have ideas but am crap at doing them.... nice demotivation Ma Ma.... I (the business) can afford it, and I want... but going to think on it overnight.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

I didn't realise that there was so much money in gear knobs.

p.s. How about a 3d Printer

C'riz said...

After finding my 'lucky' double headed coin I'm going to go for it, subject to demo of it working.

I still be very scared by the idea, but think I would regret it if I didn't do it.