Friday 3 December 2010

Groundhog minute

It's like groundhog day, but worse.

So idiot sister finds out that her house sale must complete tommorrow, but to do so the solicitors wants 14K of real money. Idiot girl has approx 57p. I am thus a target, as I save for the bright future that's just round the corner, honest.

Engage panic mode! This involves Ma Ma & Idiot Girl phoning a) solicitors, b)estate agents, c)bank, and d) each other.

D) is the killer. Because Ma Ma repeats to idiot girl everything she's said to a,b, &c. IG does likewise. Ma Ma then repeats the entire conversation to me. So I've heard it 3 times already. Then she spends the next hour either a) Saying shall I phone X, or b) rehashing everything that has been already said.

By the end of the day even though I've never met any of the people involved I feel I know them all intimately. I definately know exactly what they have said. I also feel the urge to destroy every phone I see. And to play this very loudly.

Of course Friday is also gonig to be fun. For 'tis off to the bank where I have to somehow sameday transfer £14,000 of my lovely hard earned money from my account that the bank staff are not allowed to talk to me about. (Internet management only).

Methinks it will be more groundhog fun. Send me positive vibes please if you have some to spare.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

That's a flip'n lot of gear knobs

C'riz said...

I am the bank this time, no other option :(

It's a lot of magic beans too!