Monday 13 December 2010

Doctor Doctor

can't you see I'm burning burning? (And repeating my words.)

Our doctor's operates a system whereby you have to plan illness 6 weeks in advance 'cos that's how long it takes to get an appointment. Unfortunately I forgot to plan ahead and so didn't have an appointment.

My problem is thus:
I'm itching. Randomly. With no spots, redness, etc. I can want to tear my face off for an hour, and then it stops and moves somewhere else.

After a week of this, life has been less than fun. So once again I check the online booking thing, and lo! there is an appointment in half an hour! Zoomed down there, told my tale of woe to the nice lady.

After a few random guesses (have you changed washing powder?) , and vice investigation (how much tea /coffee / alcohol? Er, none), I am booked in for a blood test with all the boxes ticked.

I am also 'given' this rather large 1kg tub of magic cream. Which doesn't do that much, but looks impressive.




Feel free to play diagnosis if you like? Bonus points for dead by xmas.

1 comment:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

I put your symptoms into the Interweb and apparently you are suffering from "malaise de grey poupon".

No need to thank me...

p.s. You wait until your 40 - you go to the Doctor for a sore ear and next thing you know ... well lets just say I'm not going to shake my Doctor's hand ever again. ( She didn't even buy me a drink, or tell me I looked nice, or anything )