Thursday 28 October 2010

How to get a free catalogue

So I went to the glass supplies place with the other students. We are told if possible get a catalogue 'cos it's full of useful stuff. Of course I also know places are loathe to give them away as they are expensive to print.

So we looked at the glass. Then we went outside to look at the broken pieces which are a lot cheaper, as, well, they're broken. As I'm picking up pieces I get a sharp one that cuts my finger painfully. Ouch!

Manly, I try and ignore it as if I think about it I will faint. We go back inside, and the other students are done. Spend £7 & £14. No free catalogues for them! But I want tools. So I pick up a catalogue, flick to the tool page and ask have you got one of those?

Tools are supplied and I give the man £60. I go to put the catalogue back, and he says no mate, you can keep it. Yay! I must have used all my powers of charm!

Er, no. It's only when I get home and am flicking thru my prize I realise there are bloody fingerprints all over the cover. Ooops. So that's my hot tip of the day, add your dna and people won't want it back...

No comments: