Saturday 16 October 2010

And I would go 200 miles

It's like that 500 miles song, but 300 miles shorter. And a bit less Scottish.

So today I went to the model engineering exhibition. Which normally results in me spending a few hundred quid on tools, engineering purposes for. As I buy things that are a) half the time a real bargain (£50 taps for £2), or b) may be useful one day (a selection of neoprene rubber).

But today was different. In the region of bugger all engineering things. I only spent £50 ish on drills & glue. I feel a change coming over me, as the thing that sparked excitement was this:



This, in case you are wondering, is "twizzle wire". It has nothing at all to do with engineering. But it's pretty, non? And it will work brilliantly with the thing I'm currently working on in stained glass.

Who knows, next it could be medieval underwater basket weaving.

No comments: