Friday 1 October 2010

Excitement. Adventure.

Or a close approximation.
I went to the stained glass course. And it was almost fun!

First the nice lady told us this is a stick of lead solder, and all about how it may not do you a lot of good, but it prolly won't kill you if wear gloves when handling and be careful. Pffft! thinks I. I care not a jot about a mere bit of potential lead poisoning. I'm exposed to so many toxic things on a daily basis that I'm sure to be dead by 60. So who cares if it becomes 59 instead?

I then proceeded to do the lead melting and tinning my copper foil thing. I had a slight advantage over the other students, as in my day job burning the hell out of my fingers is a common occurrence. So while they're going ow! and dropping things I just ignore the pain and carefully put my stuff down.

Next task is to stick the component parts together. Which I do, but my parts don't actually look that good. Should have taken more care in the drawing part of the game earlier.

But I've made something. Me! Me, who doesn't do craft things due to being flid handed. Yay! I'm almost pleased.

No comments: