Wednesday 11 August 2010

Does what it says on the tin

As the old ronseal slogan used to go. But I'm not talking varnish here.

I'm talking toothbrushes. Mine has lost it's shaking skills due to the battery failing so it only holds charge for a day. Of course in the modern world we live in the battery isn't replaceable. As this is something that is held in close proximity to my face I'm not going to attempt to bodge it just in case it happens to blow up. Not that explosions are common with my work. (Cough).

So. New one required. Ma-ma has an all singing all dancing one. Why don't I get one of those?

So onto the interweb. Hers now isn't all singing any more. Their crack team of rocket surgeons have created an even more powerful dead brilliant device, the oral-b triumph 5000! A very close second to the clean that only the dentist can produce, available for you to enjoy at home.

Throwing caution to the wind, I bought one. And I can confirm it is very much like a visit to the dentist.

To whit:
  • It cost £90 on special offer. RRP £150. Genuine dentist blow to the wallet.
  • Just like a visit to the dentist, my gums are bleeding. This will "probably" stop in a few days the manual advises.
  • Uber giant oscillating head is great for catching other teeth with and giving that bone jarring sensation of fear.
  • Genuine dentist style patronising smart guide system! Using RFID technology a separate display unit tells you when you're doing it wrong, and issues a smiley face when you get it right, and your two minutes of recommended bleeding are over.
  • Bewildering array of accessory brushes.
I'm told I will get used to it. I'm not so convinced. It could be good for cleaning alloy wheels though.

2 comments:

C'riz said...

They're all the rage now darling! Moving your own hand is so last century!

I can justify the expense as due to a childhood accident that today would have resulted in suing the school for a gadjillion pounds, I "ignored" my teeth for about 20 years due to the mental scars. So they now need all the help they can get. But I also saved 20 years of spending on tooth care...

C'riz said...

Why didn't I think of that way of doing it? For an extra intense clean you could listen to bohemian rhapsody at the same time?