Thursday 12 August 2010

Tubetastic Thursday: All by myself

Thursday. Yes it is.

I bring to you:
Eric Carmen - All by myself



Please note this is not (for a change) me being whiny boo hoo I'm all alone in the big evil world. The radio played the first 10 seconds of this earlier and then went to the news. So I just had to look it up. I reserve the right to be whiny later, but currently am planning on retreating into my own little world where real life is not required.

Observations.

This is 1976. And yet another industrial accident in the glue factory. Eric was kind enough to do a benefit gig for all the poor workers with their feet glued to the floor. I feel extra sorry for the poor immobile girl glued to the stage behind him.

Top of the pops hired at great expense an invisible drummer for this performance.

Bits of this are of course stolen from a classical piece. Cleverer ones than myself won't have to look on wikipedia to name which one. Messr. Bowie also nicked bits from the same piece.

Eric Carmen was guilty of "hungry eyes" in the 80's. Which of course was massive because of the chick flick "dirty dancing".

Youtube is still cross promoting the "plenty of fish" dating site on every video I watch. I wish they'd go back to trying to sell me sand and cement like last week.

No comments: