Friday 13 August 2010

Sinister

Today is Friday the 13th.

It's also International Left Hander's day. Clicky
Nice planning there guys!

It prolly comes as no surprise that I'm flid handed. Engage the lefty power slogans of "being in your right mind", and claims of increases artistic & creative abilities over normal people. It's a load of honk! Or, they must have run out of those by the time I got to the front of the queue.

Still, there has been some fun bits. The year in primary skool with the old bag teacher who prefers old fashioned methods of teaching. (Hit the child if they attempt to use the left hand).
Or the junior school that decided biros are the devil's tool, what with being French and all. So you must use real ink pens.... not much of a shock that I don't write at all well is it?

On the bright side I will probably die younger because of it. Death by some right handed large piece of machinery I suspect. Yes, you can get flid handed scissors etc, but after a life time of using right handed stuff badly, they don't actually help. I can use right handed scissors better than left handed ones.

I am very logical, can visualise how things work which is prolly why I'm better with machines than people. Not sure this is a lefty trait though, I'd guess it's more a borderline autistic thing. Not that I's been tested for autism, well, not that I can remember. I'm also good with maths but crap with words. Again, prolly 'cos maths follows rules and logic, and words don't.

Er, not sure where this is going now. Best stop. Yes. Woo! to other flids out there!

1 comment:

C'riz said...

Just a normal righty keyboard. The left versions only put the number pad on the other side which is fairly pointless.

Besides, is key plonking supposed to be a handed thing?