Thursday 19 August 2010

Tubetastic Thursday: Voyage Voyage

Urgh.... The day job gets to me sometimes.

I have an idiot who has bought an item that is custom made to their specifications. Problem #1.. they can't be bothered to tell me their specifications. So I've been emailing them every freaking day for a week.. no reply.

Until today. Message from idiot... I don't have my item! rant rave! As usual it's my fault that I can't remotely read their tiny little mind. And no, I still don't know what they want. It will prolly take them making several threats & more complaints before I get it thru their thick heads that they are the source of the hold up.

And of course there's the usual round of "I've bought 2 items, give me a discount!". No.... 2 items is not a trade / bulk / wholesale / discountable amount.

And relax.....

Lazy blogging time. I bring to you:
Desireless - voyage voyage.



The astute will have noticed that this is in fact in French. It made #5 here in the UK. Bizarrely the same year Vanessa Paradis also did well with "Joe le taxi". French pop songs where in, for five whole minutes.

At the time I was in skool. And le teacher had the bright idea of livening up yet another dull french class by having us all attempt to write our own french pop songs. It was awful. I can't remember much else, as my brain has blocked it out for my own protection. There's a big sign that says "Awful. Ask not!"

I got a grade C in French GCSE. Technically this classes as a win, and not a thicky gimp. I got a grade D in English, which is full of fail.

Shame I can't remember much about the rules of either language now. And the Spanish I did for 2 years has faded even more.
Not that it would have done much good, as all it prepared you for was the ability to get a return train ticket to La Rochelle, purchase a croque monsieur, shout ZUT! if you burned your fingers and then bugger off home.

No comments: