Tuesday 3 August 2010

Lucky me

Maybe.

On Saturday a spring went boing! in my drill and broke. Sadly I need my drill a lot as my 'job' involves making lots of holes every day.

So I searched on the interweb, and discovered the people who made it have the attitude of if there things break you should throw them away and buy a new one. No spare parts.

This is not a philosophy I believe in. It's important to repair things until they can be repaired no more, as there is only a finite amount of raw materials that shouldn't be wasted. I'm tight too.

So I've been to the shops and found a similar machine made by someone else that has a similar looking part fitted. Phoned their helpline and they can supply for £10 delivered. So hopefully tomorrow will be my lucky day, and £10 of parts saves £200 of new machine.

No comments: