Thursday 26 August 2010

Tubetastic Thursday: Maria Magdalena

Thursday....

I bring to you:
Sandra - (I'll never be) Maria Magdalena



This made a remarkably poor #91 on the UK charts back in 1985. Which is rather surprising considering it's success in Europe.

It contains one of the essential 80's instruments, the guitar styleee keyboard. Whatever happened to them? Did keyboard players one day wake up and realise they're never going to be cool, and they should be happy to be stood at the back, and get the occasional closeup of them tinkling the ivories?

If you're thinking I can place the voice, but not the face, Sandra was at one point mrs. Cretu. In case you're still thinking eh???, think "Enigma".

I doubt I'll ever be Maria Magdalena either. But I can dream....

*************

In unrelated, wish me luck, for on the morrow I depart with Ma Ma, Idiot Girl & Sasha le dog for Scarborough. Excitement, adventure, and random shouting when IG doesn't get her own way are sure to follow.

1 comment:

C'riz said...

I lived! Will blog it later.