Monday 3 August 2009

The wall

No, not pink floyd***. This wall:


It's an ordinary looking wall about a mile away from my house. But it has a dark secret that means it appears in the local paper every 5 years or so. 'Cos what happens is some cute kiddie or drunken fool climbs over the wall, to say hello trees, and perhaps to water them.

If you look over the wall you see this:



Have you worked out what the problem is yet? (walk left a bit)


Ah.. it could be something to do with the 40 foot vertical drop if you walk more than a yard away from the wall? Yes indeedy.

This wall once had a part in my life.
No, I wasn't one of the people who has appeared in the chronicle after going wheeeee! splat! and then nearly dying from hypothermia while you wait for someone to realise where the argh help! noises are coming from.

Nope, this wall was important, 'cos one day I looked over it. There, hidden in plain sight was a carrier bag. A carrier bag full of rather good tins of beer. As a youth this was quite the Brucie bonus, and was snaffled poste haste. If I was a certain blogger it would be round this point I'd add in "then I was sick ina hedge", but I'm not, and wasn't.

I'm also not actually that sorry at all if I stole your beers. Cheers!

*** I had that there Idiot Girl in my car recently. My cd player had "dark side of the moon" playing. I don't know if you'll have heard of it, it's a very obscure record by a band no one has really heard of. So of course it's totally understandable that she would say "Is this that war of the worlds shit again?"

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

They should put a sign up there warning people "Caution - Beer Crossing"

C'riz said...

Pseudonymph:
Are you trying to suggest she's perhaps not the sharpest tool in the box?

Queakypony:
It's bizzaro, where the railway is they've made the wall taller with railings. But where the trees are disguising the drop there's nothing.