Friday 21 August 2009

Dilemma

I got a letter this morning. Amazingly it wasn't a bill. It was a leaflet saying we want blood, and no bugger ever gives us any, but we think that you aren't like the rest of the selfish bastards and will spare us a pint every now and then.

So I'm thinking about it.

On the one hand, it's a good thing to do. And it would be a good challenge for not being mental, interact with humans, perhaps meet nurses with heaving bosoms.

On the other hand, there's the slight problem of me going splat on spotting the claret. Well, mine anyways, I'm quite happy to let other people bleed if it makes them happy. This is not an insurmountable problem, I could take some really dark glasses, and perhaps an mp3 player to pretend I'm on a really sunny beach and not bleeding to death at all.

There's also the slight problem of the dodgy liver. Having looked my problem up, it says that you are allowed to donate, but if my bilirubin level is too high that day my red stuff goes in the bin. Kind of annoying as I will always have an elevated level due to said wonkyness, just how far it is from normal can vary a lot.

So interweb peeps, do I go for it? There's so much that could go wrong, but also could go right.

No comments: