Thursday 27 August 2009

Tubetastic Thursday

I've been thinking, some of the big clever blogs do the set thing on a set day trick. Eg sick in a hedge Friday for the duck, and requests for a large one on Wednesday from little miss 69.

True, it could just be a sneaky way of getting another day off. But I should have a predictable day. (Persons saying every day is predicted to be full of crap writing will be shot on account of no one likes a smart arse).

So my lazy blogging is going to be... give you something from the tube, and tell you what it means to me. Woo, yay! Zzzzzzzz ~fx: gunshot~

It begins with this:
Kim Wilde - Cambodia



Boring comment bit:

Kim, Kim, Kim... you did nothing for me in the eighties. Which just proves what a total spacker I was. How could I have missed pretty Ms. Wilde? Hubba hubba hub...

This song also appears to get missed a lot. Every predictable 80's compilation album will contain the rather more poor but popular "Kids in America". Indeed, this one has gained the idiot girl "what's this shit?" award for non recognition, so thus must be a good song.

I like songs that tell a story. This one be: her bloke gone missing in Cambodia, presumably after getting shot down, but 1.0 years later she's still sure she will see him again.
True, the video takes it a bit further that he's gone native, and she goes to join him at the end, but I don't get that from the lyrics.

It's a definite hairs raised song for me, but I was always a sucker for boy meets girl, boy loses girl, happy ever after? type slush.

Join us next week for more crap thoughts on something tubetastic.

2 comments:

C'riz said...

You'd think after being online for 13 years now I'd have blagged something first.

~Thinks~
Being last at everything, © me!

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

I never knew what Kym was on about - now I do - sort of.