Thursday 20 August 2009

Leaseholder addendum

You may have also noticed dear reader that I've not been posting much, and that it's complete and utter shash when I do.

Well apart from being crap at this gig, there is a reason. I did a moderately stupid thing, & went to sell my goodies at a car show last Sunday. Which means working like a loon in the week before, a hard days selling, and now being mega behind on everything else 'cos I couldn't work over the weekend.

There is a good side to this... I converted stuff into money so now have over £600 burning a hole in my pocket. I do have a portion of it allocated to an idea for improving the life of someone I know, but sadly I suspect they won't really want to do it. I understand why, but think I will still be sad when it doesn't happen.

Other excitement... Went to the physio man today, and as usual my body betrayed me. I'm seeing the man because every now and then I get excruciating pain in my knee. The rest of the time it just aches a bit and I've been putting up with it. But then I had the idea of being brave and getting it sorted.

Today went a bit like this:
Does it hurt today?
No.
What about if I do this?
No.
Tell me when it starts to hurt?
It doesn't!

No matter what the man did I felt no pain at all. I feel such a fraud. Of course now I'm back home it is going throb throb throb..

I also went to the supermarket on my own, and took a trolley. And went to the till instead of the diy machines. Woo big deal I hear you say.... well as a still recovering nutso, it is actually to me. True I'm a long way away from where I started when I would have literally run around the shop and broken down in a panic attack outside. It's still hard to not fall into the old patterns, and actually have to force myself to interact with people.

But something amazing happened. I almost had a conversation with the woman on the till. True, it did go on the lines on she makes a comment, my brain goes Argh!!!!!!!, I say something stupid, but she didn't appear to mind that she was talking to a complete and utter fruit loop. I came away knowing that she likes cornettos, would like a big house in the country, and that perhaps there is hope for me after all. Don't worry dear reader, normal doom and gloom will be resumed shortly...

I'm also doing something totally out of character. Ask any blogger unlucky enough to have met me, and they will tell you I'm a boring anti drinking nazi. I don't drink because a) I used to, and realised one day I'm sat at home alone and drinking as a crutch to block out reality, and this is not a good thing. b) I discovered I have a genetic liver defect, and should be nice to my liver. So I stopped.

Until two days ago. When I've started again. 4 years of stopped over. True I'm only having 1 can a night. But it could be the start of the slope to doom again. Or I could get bored by the end of the week and stop again. Watch this boring space.

2:14 am.. I think I'll stop boring the world and go spleep. Work tomorrow. ~Sigh~

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

My expert advice is to pay your physio £600 to rub your liver, poor beer over your knee and bring a shopping trolley home to bed .......... on second thoughts forget all that. My expert advice sort of sucks.

p.s. I don't like beer - but ssssh, don't tell anybody.

p.p.s. Pseudonymph, the word verification for my comment is "idefeced", and I don't think that's even a real word - cue twilight zone music.

C'riz said...

Ow! My head hurts from impact damage.

I do actually like beer, I don't like being drunk. Bit of a dichotomy there.

I think there's also big aspects of not being able to risk losing control with other people. When I had my shrink sessions one of my problems was wanting to get everything "correct", and working to accept that it's ok to make mistakes.

Rambling now...