Monday 6 July 2009

I love you...

How often do you say those three words? And who to?

Mother?
Brother?
Significant other?
The man who let you eat his chips at 2am on a cold Saturday night?
A chance encounter with a famous face?
The bus driver who let you on with no money?

They're not words I use often. Unlike Katy Perry I haven't kissed a girl (though I'm sure I would like it), so that cuts it down a lot. Plus when I say it, I have to feel it. More than words, it has to be more than real.

My sister, or Idiot Girl as she is more commonly known, is in hospital with post horse falling off at speed injuries. Generally speaking, I don't like her. Or what she does. So I cannot use the L word.

But I'm not totally cruel... I gave her an Ouchie bud duck. If I'd thought about it a bit more I could have given her a box full, and got her to sell them to other people's visitors. Well, you've got to take any opportunity you can, non?

Oh, back to love... video time.
Yello: Of course I'm lying.



I could have gone for the predictable "I love you". But I like this song better.

Julie stopped her car.
The sun had gone and left one of these dark red skies.
She looked in my eyes and with a smile in her face she said "of course I'm lying. But I think I love you."

No comments: