Tuesday 7 July 2009

Death

Part 1 in what will prolly be an ongoing series about death. C'riz thinks a lot about death ya know...

A black musician dies unexpectedly, and the world goes crazy. He tops the charts, the record labels scour the archives for something, anything that's new to release for a quick buck before his legend dies and he fades into history. Why? say the people, why did it end this way, what could have been if he hadn't died?

No, I'm not talking about boring Wacko Jacko. The clue is in "black". I'm talking about this fella:


" C'riz, who the hell is that? " I hear you say. He's Johnny Ace.

Backstage during a gig on Christmas eve 1954 he shot himself in the head. Some say it was russian roulette, some say it was an accident. The wacko effect kicked in, and "pledging my love" went on to be his biggest posthumous hit.




Sends shivers down my spine every time. RIP Johnny.

No comments: