Friday 11 September 2009

The Koffi Lounge

After many years, and gajillions over budget the former civic theatre in Barno has reopened. And it has a poncy coffee shop "The Koffi lounge", that advertises on the local radio. Their advert offers "Barista trained staff", and "Coffee like you've never tasted before".

Hang on a minute... I can just about get my head around the concept of a job title for a bloke who makes coffee, but, barista trained? So not the real deal, just trained...

~wobbly lines as we go to the training session~

Hi, I'm Steve and I'll be your Barista trainer for the day... Watch closely pupils...

This is a kettle. And this is a jar of nescafe. Throw some nescafe in the paper cup, and add hot water from the kettle (does anyone need showing how to use the kettle?)

Then say "twoquidmilknsugaroverthereifyouwantemloveenjoyyourmeal."

Thank you class, you've all graduated with honours.

As to "Coffee like you've never tasted it before".. well that's not hard is it? Believe me, you've never tasted coffee like I make it either. Well, nobodies ever lived long enough asked for a second cup.

Sod it, I'll give you my secret coffee recipe.
  1. First you need to select the right coffee... it be called "rocket fuel", it's the one in the jar amusingly shaped like a bomb.

  2. Bang plenty in the cup, and then add an extra teaspoon for every hour of sleep you've missed.

  3. Following the Dave Lister mantra of "triple caffeinated, quadruple sugared" you now need at least 3 teaspoons of sugar. I have caught some people making my coffee with lots of artificial sweeteners, which of course is full of wrong.

  4. Splash of semi skimmed milk for the healthiness factor. (Works like extra large whopper meal with diet coke).

  5. Drink. Wait for the buzz / death.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Don't they have baristas in court?

p.s. Work and coffee are a bit tricky for me - I need enough to get me wired, but not enough that I will use the wire to kill during meetings.

C'riz said...

Idea for Squeakypony, Take a crayon into meetings. Then when you go on a stabbing coffee enduced kill frenzy you won't do as much damage to the nice people.