Monday 14 September 2009

The code

I quote:

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

This be the code of Druss the Legend. I like to think I can follow said code, perhaps struggle a bit on protecting the weak.

We took Idiot Girl to b&q, the most evil of DIY shops in existence to buy crap for her house. Oh.. a big heap of discounted tiles. Muggins gets to dig thru the pile and find out how many boxes of "warm yellow" ones there are. For warm yellow are 20p per box of 22 tiles. So enough tiles to do the kitchen for under £2.

Later on, Idiot Girl says to the Ma, we should have bought all the blue tiles as well to tile the bathroom. Ma says I may be persuaded to take Idiot Girl back to purchase tiles. Idiot Girl reveals her cunning plan of swapping the price tickets on the blue tiles from £1 to 20p from previously purchased yellow tiles. Ma tells Idiot Girl that I will take her to B&Q, but will not be involved in any price diddling because I am honest and do not do that sort of thing.

This conversation is later relayed to me, in a hey! tomorrow you get to take Idiot Girl for tiles! Won't that be fun! sort of way.

So doth this mean I am the righteous one for having principles and sticking to them?
Or perhaps I'm stupid for not taking advantage, after all B&Q don't want the tiles, otherwise they wouldn't price any of them so low?

I think perhaps the real truth is, my sister is a pikey. Her 8 boxes of 20p tiles scanned at £40, so original price is £5 a box. But at £1 they are "ripping her off".. 5p for a tile is too much.

The thought of her scheme makes me feel dirty, the bad kind of dirty. I think I'll stay in the car.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

It's never too late to disown your sister.

C'riz said...

The other thing I know she does is go to the self serve tills at tesco with a bag of expensive apples, and then press the button for cheap rubbish apples. The machine doesn't know what apples you've got, and you get to rob the store of a pound or two.

What's so bloody stupid about this scheme is she is "police record checked" every year, and if anything comes up on her record she will lose her job, and never be able to work in a similar job ever.
When you point this out to her, £25,000 job lost for a pound it's la la la everyone at work does it..