Wednesday 16 September 2009

An experiment in perception

Or examining the mind of Idiot Girl. Yes, I know, a stupid thing to do.

I went to Asda for some shopping at 9:30 pm. Due to them digging up the bloody car park again the shop shuts early at 10pm. Which means... bargains! on stuff that must be sold today due to "sell before" date. Stuff that is perfectly fine, but computer says becomes deadly toxic at store closure.

Then I saw it... clearance flowers. Girlies like flowers I am told. So I bought Idiot Girl some. Took them straight round to her house.. I have brought you a present.

"Oh! they're lovely!" she exclaims.

Part one of the experiment is complete. All I need to do is wait for the results of part two. Which doesn't take long... Idiot Girl spots the reduced price ticket. The brow furrows. Idiot Girl spots they have cost 10p. Anger occurs. "You tight git!", and holds them away from her in revulsion.

The question is, how have the flowers changed? They're still the same flowers, if they cost 10p or the not reduced £4 they will have cost in the afternoon.

Exhibit A: Flowers. It was later stated that they do smell nice, and are "not that bad".



What other experiments could I try on her?

I did find a 3 CD box set in the rubbish bin whilst filling her car with diesel, but decided it would not make a good present. She only listens to whatever the radio tells her is hot at the minute.

I did have a moment of doubt if I should rescue the cd's from the bin, as technically it's stealing. Then I reasoned the original owner obviously doesn't want them, Asda won't even know they are there and will destroy them with the other rubbish, and if I don't like them I can give to someone else / charity. Reuse and save the earth.

The thing that prolly did swing it for "take" is I was filling up Idiot Girl's car... so it's her number plate on the CCTV.

No comments: