Wednesday 28 October 2009

On not being defective

I think I'm going mad. Yes, madder than normal.

For a while now I've been thinking I can't see properly. Like I'm driving along and I have to concentrate to make out the next car's number plate. So being a dutiful citizen who follows the laws I booked myself in to the opticians.

Just been there now, explains my concerns, read my chart plz. Er.... you can easily see two lines more than the driving standard. Twiddle twiddle, better with this lens and all that tot, and the verdict is my current specs are the correct prescription, and I can see perfectly fine.

So it's either all in my little head, or I'm not allowing for it becoming winter and darker, or there be something wrong but it's not happening right there in the shop. I don't know if I should be relieved that there's nothing wrong, or upset that there's nothing wrong.

Oh well, it will soon be winter properly and I'll get SAD again and won't want to go out or do anything but sleep, so maybe that will cure it. Depression as something to look forwards to. Hmmm.. yes I am a fruitloop..

No comments: