Tuesday 13 October 2009

Doctor Doctor!

Can't you see I'm burning, burning?
Oh doctor, doctor, is this love I'm feeling?

Or is it in fact not love, and more like something very wrong with my foot? Yes, it's the foot isn't it....

I'm not a happy chap. 5 weeks ago I woke up with my foot hurting for no apparent reason. Nothing looks wrong with it, just aches all the time and goes argh! every step I take.

2 weeks ago I thought bugger this, and went to the new shiny all singing and dancing (them not me) walk in fix it clinic, as it would be 5 weeks to see a doctor at my own practise. 5 mins later I am seeing the triage nurse. Looks normal.. yes.. I know that. Take Ibuprofen & paracetamol for a week, and if no better come back and see the vet.

1 week ago I went back to see the doctor. Looks normal... yes... I still know that... I now have some diclofenac sodium 50mg.

Today I still have pain, and less tablets left. So I googled what it is, and it's an anti-inflammatory. But, er, said foot looks normal and not swelled in the slightest.

So, er, what's going on? C'riz suspects I've been given a big box of do nothing tabs in the hope that whatever it is will clear itself up in the time it takes me to use them all up.

Teh happy, I no have it.

2 comments:

The Random Within said...

It's the standard fob off.

Just like the line:

"You've got a virus".

Roughly translated that means:

"Bugger me if I've got any idea what's wrong with you. I'd better say it's a virus so it looks like I know what I'm doing".

C'riz said...

Yes, a virus. Followed by giving you some antibiotics just in case...