Wednesday 25 May 2011

Toy story

No, not the film / lunch box / back pack / marketing machine.

This toy story:


~wavy lines~
Back in my youth, I got (at the time) the ultimate lego set, the technic car chassis. Wow, I'm so lucky!

Or not. A certain parent decided I was not suitable to touch it. Said parent then spent the best part of two months building the thing with plenty of on the go swearing as he was, frankly, crap at it. It was then put on display, where I wasn't allowed to play with it.

Obviously I cannot recreate the magic of that Christmas. But as I've just survived the rapture, I had the thought that I should buy some lego of my choosing, and I could build it, and darn it, wouldn't it be fun?

Snag #1 was detected on visiting the toy shops. Lego is now very expensive. £30 gets you a small model that looks like it could be built in about half an hour. No fun!

So evilbay was visited, and I came away the proud owner of said used truck pictured above. For £41.59 delivered to me.

Said big box arrived today. Progress has been perhaps a bit on the sedate side of things. I've followed seven pages of instructions, and have a bit of rather sad looking chassis assembled. A major part of the problem being the set has 1027 pieces. That are all in the box, mixed up. The joys of second hand lego... methinks I need to get some boxes and do some sorting if I don't want to exceed the giffer's slow build record.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Yay for Lego Technic

Why does Lego cost so much on ebay when there must be mountains of the stuff hidden away? Dusty childhood relics in every teenagers cupboard?

p.s. Disclaimer - I found my Lego NXT in garage sale = win

C'riz said...

Argh! Don't make me want mindstorms too!