Wednesday 11 May 2011

Retail therapy

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to cheers oneself up with a bit of mindless purchasing. Today was my day.

I bought:

A tile cutting machine, used (£1)
Ma Ma asks why? Well I may want to cut tiles someday... plus I have a moderately mad idea for glass work that I could use it for.

Four alloy wheels, used. (£450) For the car that hasn't moved for 5 years, 2 months.
Ma Ma was most pleased with this purchase. I can tell by the way she said "you're insane".


Note boring standard wheel fitted to car, and OMG SEXY! rare alternative wheel. (not fitted).

A grinder stand, used. (£1)
I've got to show you this sweetie:


Isn't she a dreamboat?

Ma Ma refused to help me carry it. And yes, it's probably worth £30 in scrap metal alone, and weighs URGH! kilos.

Books! (£50)
Well, I haven't got them yet, because they're coming from USA. 'Cos they're signed by the person who wrote them.

Perhaps it's a good thing that most of the time I'm incredibly careful with money.

Bonus audience participation!
What retail therapy have you bought yourself recently, and why? Enquiring minds want to know.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Coo - nice grinder stand.

What : A 5 set of black work socks - with brightly coloured toes ( why would they sell pairs of socks that have one red and one blue sock? There were 2 pairs of them in the packet)

Why : because I'm a socks maniac.

C'riz said...

Badum tish!