Monday 16 May 2011

Claret

Or my day going splat.

I've got a thing about blood. Or more accurately my blood. I'd be upset if you was bleeding to death, but not as much as if it was me injured.

So I'm doing the usual garage work thing. Lathe running, boring a gaiter fixing. Yes, it's as dull as it sounds. But I have to stand there and watch it, as it gets hot doing it, and I haven't got the coolant system working yet, so the high tech solution is to dribble a bit of oil on the cutting tip every now and then.

Dull, dull, dull! Until...... ARGH!
Mr. not concentrating here has only gone and made contact 'twixt thumb and rotating chuck. Oh dear.. Shut the machine down, DON'T LOOK AT IT, go and see Ma Ma.... Plz to fix the damage and make it better while I have a little collapse on this nice floor... SPLAT!

I come round, and from my angle on the floor the new (broken) window looks more broken. So still a bit woozy go to investigate it. DON'T TOUCH IT! shouts Ma Ma.

Too late... OW! Splat #2? Don't mind if I do.....

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Meep - I hope it is getting better, and you can still count to 10.

p.s. My word verification for this post is "lathey"

C'riz said...

9.... 9 1/2.... 10! Phew!