Wednesday 9 March 2011

D is for drug

So today I went to the hospital. Hello dermatology department!

Explained my random itching problems to the nice man. Nice man says ah! you're being investigated for wonky liver syndrome***

So I tell him the doctor says that's 'fine' and not really that far above normal people at all. O Reily? he says..... Looks at my results and says it's deffo high enough to give me the mega itch.

Shame there isn't a magic cure tab, eh doc?
Haven't they given you anything to stop it then?
Er, no. Got told to try otc antihistamines that do the square root of.. well, you know.

He pulls out a pad and writes me a script. Try these, if it doesn't work I'm writing to your quack with a list of others to try.

Er, thanks. Wait a minute... I've been putting up with this for years when there is an answer? Boy was I suckered....

So I now have 30 * 180mg fexofenadine. Whatever they are. Joy.

***Stop me if I get too technical.

1 comment:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Re: "being investigated for wonky liver syndrome" - my advice - get a lawyer ... better get a real good one.

Pseudonymph: who thinks up those crap names for the drugs? That's why illegal drugs sell so well, they have better names. If Fexofenadine was called "itch" or "scratch" you would have kids in the dark corners of the shopping centre carpark and behind the industrial bins rubbing the stuff all over their bodies.