Thursday 24 February 2011

Lazy links

So, to recap last Thursday I lazy blogged Alphaville's "big in Japan".

I now introduce a rather unexciting idea... today's lazy blog links to last week's lazy blog. Woo. I'm underwhelmed so I'm sure you are too.

On with it:


This be Aneka - Japanese Boy.

See what I did there? Don't worry, if I run with this idea I'll come up with less obvious linkage. Knowing the way I think nobody else will make the links, but well, it may be fun for a while.

Exciting facts:
Rather unsurprisingly this was a 1 hit wonder.

Aneka is actually Scottish. People who thought she was really Japanese, please leave the building NOW.

There was an album, also called Aneka. I have it, and whilst I don't play it that often there are situations where it's really good. Like when Idiot Girl is in my car, and it's a really long dull journey that will be livened up by hearing Idiot Girl complain that this is against the Genoa convention*.

Actually, it's one of my favourite high energy 80's albums with a screechy singer. Ok, so it may actually be my only high energy 80's album with a screechy singer.

*Yes, I could tell her, but it's more fun to imagine crimes against cake.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

I am very disappointed. There used to be a collection of Julian Clary videos on Youtube from the end of his series "Sticky Moments". In one of these he sang "Japanese Boy" accompanied by Barb Jungr and the Lovely Russell.

But alas it has gone.

p.s. I searched and searched for the link - but there is a point when you are digging around the Interweb for the term "Japanese Boy" that you know you can go no further ( without a criminal conviction ).

p.p.s. I thank you.

C'riz said...

Argh! I so want to see the Julian Clary version now!