Wednesday 23 February 2011

Phoney

I have a major dislike with phones. Down a bit from when I hated them with a fiery vengeance, but still not good.

So it's a bit contrary that today I've bought mobile #2. I barely use #1 for calls. More for blurry photos than anything else.

I've got it for a cunning plan. I'm prolly going to hate it, but I'm going to book on more SPICE events. I'm thinking maybe something physically terrifying as well as mentally. "Abseiling for the terrified" is an obvious candidate. I can bond with the other scared people who don't know why the hell they're there.

So although I don't use mobile #1 much, I think I'd be fairly upset if I dropped it off a cliff. New #2 cost £10, does phone calls, texts, and bugger all else. It's also a sturdy looking block of plastic with a tiny screen that should be hard to break. I accidentally tested this by dropping it 4 foot trying to get it out of the box. (It bounced).

My feeling of being clever didn't last long, as googleing it reveals I could have got an even bigger bargain. Same phone, but with £10 credit for £10.19. 19p for a phone! They will be free with breakfast cereal soon!

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

I am old enough to remember when it was only wanker real estate agents who had mobile phones ... funny the world worked just fine without them back then.

C'riz said...

I remember them being new and only posers having them.
Bloke on my course at uni had one, and got a lot of (short) conversations that went: HelloWhereAreYou?Bye.