Friday 10 September 2010

Adverse reaction

Oh dear. It's worse than I thought.

After planning the 'visit cinema' task, I felt that I should plan some more blood curdling terror human interaction experiences. But what?

Then the free 'newspaper' arrived, and the answer. A leaflet for "family and community" courses. That I can do for £5. I'll do a course! Meet people, learn to hate them, that sort of thing.

But which exciting thing to do? Oh dear... it's a bit of a thin choice list. Sign language, no. Cake decorating, no. Ankle biters, definite no. Stained glasswork? That's different... it'll do. Slight snag, no actual details, just the instruction to pop in and visit our centre for details. Niet problemski, I'm going to town with Ma Ma, it's on the way back.

Wrong. Wrong to N decimal places. Drove back, got to within 200 yards, couldn't do it. Worst panic I've had in 2 years, I just could not go left. Ma Ma makes it worse by asking why we're not going, and I come out with about 5 (rubbish) reasons. She doesn't get the hint that I'm going mentals again, and proceeds to make me feel really awful and pathetic.

Still, full ahead and trust in the Lord. I may have another go at it tomorrow. And if it doesn't work I've got my sights set on another day out interacting on Saturday. I can't fail at everything (I hope).

No comments: