Tuesday 14 September 2010

It's a test

designed to provoke an emotional response spot the idiots.

Or an idiot girl story.

IG has a car. A faulty car. There is a leak on the engine coolant, so you have to keep adding more water every week or you will kill it. (Because she's too tight to have it fixed).

Today IG comes out of the house, hello flowers, hello trees, chizz chizz. Opens the bonnet and pours in the water. 0.7 seconds later the very same water appears underneath the car on the floor. Confused IG adds even more water with the same result.

Pretend you are IG (It's permissible to hit yourself round the head several times with a heavy object).

Do you:
a) Carefully take note of where the leak is. Put the keys back, walk 200 yards to my house and borrow my car?
or
b) Close the bonnet. Drive to work with no water in the car engine?

I'm sorry, but there is no prize for guessing she chose option b).

I am informed of this shortly afterwards, so phone her. IG, pour as much water in as you can and come home very carefully, and take my car or you will kill it. IG thanks me by pouring forth a torrent of abuse and obscenities. She cannot do that and must drive it 50 miles today and if it blows up it does.

Eventually I manage to convince the genius not to be so sodding stupid. The entertainment doesn't end though, as on her return it no longer leaks. A magic leak. So I do the only thing possible, and book it in the garage for professionals to check it and fix it. Of course I'm wrong to do so as she needs to drive 300 miles that day and can't drive my car, she wants to blow up her car 150 miles from home.

*sigh* Why do I even bother?

1 comment:

C'riz said...

Riker as well as Picard facepalm methinks. And yes, she's taken her (still broken) car today.