Monday 26 July 2010

Too much of a good thing

We went to the park today. To do (boring) car club related things. Took Idiot girl's dog, and watched it run about like a loon for a bit.

And it's a fairly nice day. So I said lets have an ice cream. Ma says to only get a medium one as you get lots. Ok.. two medium cornets plz.

Ma has never been more accurate. Medium (cost £1.75 ea) is more like bloody huge. Width at interface with cornet is approx 5 inches. Ice cream is then piled on to a height of about 7 inches in a badly balanced cone shape. This is the largest ice cream I've ever had in my life. Even bigger than they appeared at age three.

Snag is, normally you have to eat ice cream fairly fast to get thru it before it melts everywhere. But this is huge. Hugely huge! I rapidly have the cold food headache, and the size appears to have diminished not a jot.

By the time I've finished it, I'm sure the ice cream seller is actually being paid to put people off buying ice cream ever again. A bit like the child caught smoking being forced to smoke a gajillion cigs as punishment. I'll be honest, halfway thru I was tempted to accidentally drop it on the floor.

Ma tells me afterwards that Idiot Girl always has at least one of said ice creams on every visit to the park. And she visits regularly. No wonder she's got an arse the size of a bus.

I know what's coming next. This post useless without pictures. Well, when Idiot Girl returns I will go with her back to said park, and get photos. Not sure I'll have another myself.

No comments: