Wednesday 21 July 2010

Stevie Wonder

No new year's day, to celebrate....

So I went to the opticians. And as usual there has been a change of staff so you get a new optician who hasn't read your notes at all. So you get to make him pause on the questions that most people go no no no to. But I go yes, yes, yes!

Anyone diabetic in the family? Er, it's a shorter list of the people who aren't. Even shorter if you go for people who aren't who are still alive... Ditto other boring medical things.

Any problems with double vision? *sigh* Yes... read my notes... I go wonky in the range up to 18 inches. Oh yes, you do appear to be wonky...

So as usual ask what the prognosis is, and as usual nothing he can do for me. I could have some specs made for reading with only that I won't be able to see to walk around with. Been there, got the t shirt, they're no use at all unless I want to get sudden headaches.

Well I could try these eye exercises... The same ones I've been trying for the past four years? Yes, they don't work either.

But on the brightside he was a very nice man, and did listen to me without trying to rush thru it as fast as possible. And he didn't try to sell me more specs with the lie that perhaps the current ones are a bit scratched and new ones would sharpen things up a bit.

He was also a Sikh. If I ever feel the need to go for religion, I'd consider Sikh. Those bangles are pretty cool.

No comments: