Tuesday 20 July 2010

Ow.

At the end of May I went with teh Misty for a weekend away. We all know how that ended (emphasis on end...) but I also somehow managed to hurt my knee in the process.

For 4 weeks my knee was making audible clonks, but I could live with that. Take the anti inflammatory tabs and it will go away....

Wrong! It stopped clonking overnight. And instead decided dull pain + random argh! stabbing pain would be better. So phoned the doctors who tell me there may be an appointment in 6 weeks time, but don't bet on it. And if it hurts I have their permission to phone up every morning in the hope that someone has died while waiting for their appointment and I can take it.

Today was my lucky day! So I hobbled there to see what the experts say...

Lie on my bed thing. Does it hurt if I bend it this way? No, it hurts when I put weight on it. and really hurts when I go down stairs. What about if I bend it that way? Nope!

Result: Industrial grade anti inflammatory tabs. If not fixed in 3 weeks go back at the next available dead guy appointment to be referred to physiotherapy. Of course now it's night it's hurting like hell itself. Delayed reaction to the nice man giving it some twisting methinks.

And if that's not enough medical excitement tomorrow I get to have my eyes tested have them attempt to pimp me the latest designer frame specs.

I'm not looking forwards to growing old as I think I'll be dead by then.

2 comments:

C'riz said...

Being forever young? Yeah, that would be awful. Unless you're a member of the clan MacCleod. Then it would be fairly pointy.

Going away now...

C'riz said...

Wha? The original alphaville version was much better.

No doubt there's even worse covers out there, perhaps including a black man who talks about bitches over the song.