Wednesday 21 September 2011

Testing times

So I went to the hospital today to see the neurology people.

Hello, I'm Dr. Khan. This here is a student.... he's going to pretend he knows what he's doing, then I'll come in and sort the mess out in a bit.

~Dr. Khan exits~

So..... why are you here today?

Well Mummy and Daddy said they loved each other very much.... Oh, you mean 'plz describe what's wrong with you'?

Well, nothing.... this may have something to do with it being 4 months since I was urgently referred to this department..... Sorry, I got better (I think) .... but feel free to have a guess what was wrong in the first place.

Man then runs me thru lots of silly tests... including does it hurt when I stab you with this lancet? How about here? OW. stop it plz!

~Student exits, Dr. Khan returns~
I'll just do a few tests...... ~stabby etc~

OW! Plz to stop testing, my response to sharp objects has not changed in the last 90 seconds.

Dr. Khan's conclusion is:
a) I don't like sharp objects.
b) I appear mostly better with only a few symptoms vaguely detectable.
c) Will send me for an MRI scan as it's possible there will be some evidence of damage which would give him more of a clue what had gone wrong than sticking me with lancets does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's idiot girl's turn tomorrow when she goes for her stitches removing. I think she's being rather optimistic.... She can't walk very far now, but plans to walk 2 miles back from the hospital once the stitches are removed.

Methinks I will get a phone call to collect her, location 25 yards from the hospital.

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Will it be another 4 months to get the results of the MRI?

C'riz said...

Likely 4 months to get the appointment for the MRI, then 4 more months to see the brainz people for them to tell me what they think.

On the bright side, I'm going to assume I'll be fine, and thus have ordered a CNC mill. So if I'm wrong that's more toys for peeps to inherit.