Thursday 7 July 2011

Life in a northern town

Anyone miss me? Yes, every bullet so far etc.

I had Sunday off. Which means I've been working like a madman to try and catch up, and been too knackered to blog.

My day off was, on the whole, awesome. Ma Ma accompanied me to sunny Whitby. For extra giggle points we went on a coach trip. A lot cheaper than taking my car, and in theory more stress free.

We got on the bus, and it headed onto the motorway. No ankle biters! This is awesome! Er, why are we turning onto the M62? Bus driver, you're going the wrong way!!!!
Turns out bus is going to Bradford to a)collect more people, and b) sit around for 30 mins, thus adding an hour to the journey. Boo!

Eventually we arrived at Whitby. 5 hours to entertain ourselves in any way we wish.

1) Visit chip shoppe. Cod + chips plz!
2) Visit ice cream shop. (did I mention it was a rare blazing hot day?)
3) Go to glass shop. Buy Ma Ma glass things.
4) Elizabeth the steam bus ride! Ok, so this is why I actually wanted to go there in the first place.
5) Salvation army book sale. Buy books.
6) Moar ice cream.
7) Walk along beach in sunshine.
8) Sandwiches. (without sand).

Get back on bus of doom for home. Take photos of ICBM detecting military installation on way back. Don't get arrested / shot.

So all in all a good day. Will do the POIDH when photo machine wants to play.

As tis now Thursday, I'll leave this here:
Dream academy - Life in a northern town

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Yay for ice cream - boo for bus.

p.s. Did the Beach Boys ever get a cut of their one hit wonder cash?

C'riz said...

There's an alternate version of the video filmed in Hebden Bridge, which be a fairly close northern town. It's supposed to be all grim, but I actually quite like it, 'cos well, grim is half of what Yorkshire's about.

Well spotted Amanda! I must have heard both songs a gajillion times and never made the connection.

Oh, and dream academy also did the instrumental in the museum scene in Ferris Bueller's day off.