Wednesday 20 July 2011

D is for

Dentist.

I possibly have my check up tomorrow. Only possibly as the dentist has a habit of cancelling with 20 minutes notice, which hardly appears fair as they demand 3 days notice from me.

I'm not over keen on said profession, as even if they don't want to drill holes in my head it still ends up being moderately miserable.

There's the obligatory health nazi part, where you are told to stop eating anything remotely nice, and to spend a small African nation's budget on tooth related products.

My dentist also has 'a thing' about toothpaste.
Which do I use?
The sensodyne one...
Why? Do you have sensitive teeth?
No..
So why do you use that one?
'Cos I do have if I stop using it....

She then sends her assistant away to look up the specifications, before grudgingly accepting that it will clean teeth.

It could be worse... I could be idiot girl who doesn't get her teeth checked 'cos it's 'too expensive', but pays £80 for 'teeth whitening' instead.

No comments: