Monday 25 July 2011

Horse sense

So I went to York for the (not baby) SPICE thing.

It started badly. I'm in York, so go to the railway museum. Where the car park ticket machine steals £3 and gives me no ticket. Nice! I then get to walk a bajillion miles 'cos the entrance next to the car park is closed. I get inside, and the coffee shoppe with the muffins to die for has sold them all. This is not going too well....

Came out to go to the racecourse. Mega traffic jam as some idiot has only gone and crashed on the busiest roundabout and rather than move their mildly damaged cars they do the idiot thing and block the bloody road to wait for pc 49 to arrive and tell them to move the bloody things.

I'm then involved with a collision between my wing mirror and an illegally parked van's mirror whilst trying to avoid killing to death a loon on a bike who thinks cutting in front of my 4x4 is a good idea. My mirror is undamaged, bugger this for a game of soldiers.. keep going and pretend I know nothing... and hit the next fool on a bike.

Got to the racecourse and eventually made my way inside. Hmm, the instructions say to meet at the Rodriguez pavilion... only one slight tiny snag..... there is no such place. There is a Rodriguez bar, so I figure that'll be close enough. Success! Someone else with a SPICE letter in their hand looking confused. Eventually we all meet up. I do my usual pathetically bad attempt at interacting.

It's preying on my tiny mind that Idiot Girl could be lurking anywhere, as it turns out there's a bar every 10 yards. So I sent her a text "have you won anything?", hoping she would give away her position so I could avoid it. Several more messages are exchanged, but I learn nothing.

I send a final message "won nothing all night, Blondie best be good!" 5 minutes later I get a reply "R U @ Races?????" Awesome powers of deduction Idiot Girl has.....

Blondie isn't too bad as long as she sticks to the greatest hits collection. When she goes for "this is a new song from our new album" it's sadly rather rubbish.

The night is finished. Apart from the hour to get out of the car park, as 6 lanes of traffic all try to force their way thru the 1 car wide gateway.

Overall it wasn't totally awful, but I don't think it's something I would like to do again. Way too many drunken idiots for my liking. No wonder idiot Girl likes it...

I'm not giving up on the SPICE thing quite yet. I've even selected my next mission, which be "Day in the park. With segways."

2 comments:

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

But were the SPICE people nice? ( and was one of them call Ginger? )

C'riz said...

No ginger SPICE. There was:

Carol: Nice to idiots.
Pointy nose woman: Had a pointy nose.
Organiser: Tried too hard to be funny all the time.
Mike: Playing the mad olde granddad role.

3 others who turned up & promptly did a runner, so know nothing about them.