Wednesday 22 June 2011

Doogie Howser, MD

So I went to the hospital today, looking for answers as to why some things are not quite right with my vision.

For those with busy lives, answers I did not get. The End.

The long version:
Herr Doktor asks me what is the most important issue with my sight?

So I start to tell him the symptoms I am having.

He interrupts, and demands to know what is the root cause?
Er, why would I know? Aren't you the doctor?
Am I depressed, worried, anxious? This is causing it, yes?
Er, no. Happier than I've been for quite some time actually.

We then sort of argue. I tell him a symptom, he says this is not a root cause! I run out of symptoms. He then examines said eyes with his magic machine, before proclaiming them to be healthy.

He then sums up what I've told him, that these symptoms must be caused by something, the something must be found, but not by him. I am discharged, and he will write to the neurology department, as there is something wrong with the brain, and they can find out what. Thankyougoodnightelvishasleftthebuilding.

So I've learned nothing, and now prolly have a few months wait for the other lot to call me in for a prod & poke.

Glass half empty mode, also surely faulty eye control or faulty eyeball has the same result, I don't bloody see correctly! So his reassurance that my eyes are fine isn't that comforting.

Ps.. post 300. No flowers by request.

No comments: