Thursday 19 November 2009

Tubetastic Thursday - The carnival is over

You, yes YOU ! get to choose today.

Feeling downbeat?
I bring to you:
Nick Cave & the bad seeds - The carnival is over.


Feeling upbeat?
I bring to you:
Boney M - The carnival is over.



The lesson here is anyone who feels upbeat has been suitably punished. Even if I wasn't 24 hours a day "negative" as some people claim, I think I'd go for the Nick Cave version.

Yes, I know it's by the seekers originally. And whilst I quite like the original version, I think Nick turns it into the song about ending and doom it should be. Quite what the lyrics mean I'm not 100% sure. It's a fairly safe bet that it's not about carnivals.

Theory uno:
They be off to a war in the morning. And unlike Baldrick didn't think of carving their name on a bullet, and thus are likely to be deado shortly.

Theory dos:
Singer is dying of some slow terminal disease, and this is it. Goodbye....

No comments: