Friday 11 June 2010

What's the damage?

I don't know, the damage report machine's been damaged.

While on my fruitless trip yesterday an annoying alert light kept coming on my dash. Flicker flicker flicker. Stays on a bit. Flicker.

So today I looked it up, just in case it means something important. It's telling me there is water in my diesel. This cannot be a good thing.

So I googled what to do next. And the answer is the light has two functions, not one. One function is indeed to tell you there is water in your fuel. The other function is to tell you that the water in fuel sensor has failed. Suggested course of action, drain the filter and see if there's any water there.

Naturally, I have no water. But do have a bit of a dilemma. I can 'fix it' by unplugging the sensor so the light stays off. But what if I ever really did get water, and didn't know about it? That could be bad... But so's £30 for a sensor that goes wrong like clockwork according to some sources.

So continues the love / hate car relationship.

1 comment:

C'riz said...

Or another car for night use?