Thursday 10 December 2009

Tubetastic Thursday - Living next door to Alice

It's rather sad that the only day I can keep up with is the lazy blogging day dontcha think?

It is of course quite a lot to do with that whole xmas rubbish. Brings out the idiots who waste my time, and makes me work harder so no time for excitement and adventure.

"But at least you're making money" stupid people will say.... Well, yes you are, but no you're not. The 'extra' money goes on buying in lots of boxes and bubble envelopes and stock just in case someone wants to buy it. So you end up with more stuff that there's no space for, but no more "real" money, and not forgetting of course that people stop buying things once it's time to plonk in front of their shiny new idiot boxes.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. You're (maybe) here for tubetastic Thursday.

I bring to you:
Smokie - Living next door to Alice.



Smokie.... possibly the best thing to have come out of Bradford. Not a city I have much love for.

You may have noted that this is the original 70's version (methinks the sweede cuts give it away just a soupcon), not the 90's remake. Though come to think of it, the 90's one does have a valid question "Who the F*** is Alice?" anyways?

Why is she leaving after 24 years in a big limousine? Has she inherited the family fortune? Obviously she wants to make an impression on leaving, it's been staged and perhaps planned for years....

What happened to stop him from being able to interact with Alice? Did one or more of them go mental? I'm thinking perhaps he did.

Sally's been waiting 24 years for Alice to bugger off so she can have a go... But I think she will not get anywhere. He's not capable of interacting with the world, even if the world wants to interact with him. All he can do is watch as his chances fade away.

Er, I think I'm projecting my story onto this just a little.... Stop now. Yes, stop good.

1 comment:

C'riz said...

I thought it was nice of Smokie to do a benefits gig for the people involved in the glue factory disaster of '78...

Be careful with flashing santa duck, I hear they can be vicious. Glad you like.